Junior Inter-Regional Regatta: we want to hear from you

With the originally planned date for the JIRR not feasible due to COVID-19 restrictions, British Rowing is seeking views on how best to proceed


Whilst rowing competition feels significantly closer with the publication of the Government’s Spring COVID-19 response, unfortunately, the additional requirement to run regional selection processes as well as the event, means that the Junior Inter-Regional Regatta (JIRR) will not be able to run as initially scheduled on 24 April.

With a number of cancellations in recent years meaning there is a group of athletes who may never get the chance to compete at the JIRR, British Rowing is keen to explore two options to allow this group of athletes to race:

  • Postponing the event until the summer and running the event as close to normal format as possible based on restrictions at the time
  • Postponing the event until the autumn (with adjustments to the age categories to allow the same group of athletes to compete)

Whether you are a  junior rower, coach, regional volunteer, club, school or team manager – we want to hear your thoughts via the survey below:

Complete the survey

We are particularly interested in comments regarding the financial impact of this on individuals or regions, and if there are specific periods or dates which should be avoided. We would encourage coaches and team managers to consult as widely as possible in order to feedback to us.

The survey will close on 26 March.

The intention is for JIRR to be back as normal in April 2022!