Rules of Racing
The Rules of Racing apply to all rowing and sculling competitions that are affiliated to British Rowing
The purposes of the Rules of Racing are to:
- Provide a basis for safe, fair, and equal racing.
- Ensure that due notice is taken of the RowSafe Guidance.
- Provide a consistent framework for the regulation and organisation of rowing competitions.
The Rules of Racing specifically cover:
- Classification of Competitors
- The Personal Ranking System
- Classification of Events
- Competition Organisation
- Conduct of the Race
- Disputes and Disciplinary Procedures.
With appendices covering:
- A Glossary of Terms
- Essential Equipment for Officials
- Primary Events
- Additional Para-Rowing and Adaptive Requirements
- Stable Boat Competitions
- Offshore Rowing Competition Rules
- Beach Sprints Competition Rules
- Masters Handicap System.
Aligned to the Rules of Racing, please read our guidance on sponsorship and partnership marketing for events and clubs.
Rules of Racing and Changes for 2023
(With effect from 1 April, 2023)
The Rules of Racing Panel welcome suggestions in how rules can be improved, or if new rules are needed so please get in touch at [email protected]
Rules of Racing app
The British Rowing Rules of Racing are available in an app, giving easy access for umpires and others when out at competitions.
|Apple app store